3rd Spanish Beef from Asturias IGP Contest
Schedule: L - 15:00 a 18:30
Stand number: 8G50
The Protected Geographical Indication Regulatory Board of Asturian Veal together with Salón Gourmets Fair has held the third edition of this championship “In search of the Best Cachopo made with IGP Asturian Veal”. The objective of this event is to highlight the excellence of the best Cachopo.
Winners have been:
First place: Merendero Covadonga (Covadonga).
Second place: La Marimorena (Oviedo).
Third place: Las Tablas del Campillín (Oviedo).
The finalists were chosen by an expert jury who anonymously visited the registered restaurants to taste the cachopo from January 24 to March 20. The winner of the contest has obtained 1,200 euros, the second classified 500 euros and the third 300 euros.
Every year this contest gets more acceptance and recognition thanks to the popularity of this dish and the growth of restaurants that offer it in their menus. It is also intended to take a step forward in the defense of quality elaborations, recognizing the work of those chefs who are distinguished in their performance by using the meat of the Asturian PGI Ternera, one of the most valuable meats on the market.
The members of the jury were:
- Esther Manzano (Michelín star Chef at La Salgar).
- Sergio Rama (Canela en Rama and Ternera Asturiana chef adviser).
- Pilar Salas (Agencia Efe).
- Mª Paz Marlo (Top Chef finalist).
- Roberto Capone (chef and gastronomic advisor).
- Raquel Castillo (gastronomic critic of Metrópoli, El Mundo).
The contestants selected for this edition have been:
- Casa Antonio (Madrid).
- Casa Chema (Oviedo).
- El Chigrín (Granada).
- El Ñeru (Madrid).
- La Clave (Madrid).
- La Marimorena (Oviedo).
- Las Tablas del Campillín (Oviedo).
- Los Platos del Soto (Calviá, Mallorca).
- Merendero Covadonga (Covadonga).
- Río Astur (Gijón).
- Taberna Asturiana Zapico (Toledo).
- Taberna Salcedo (Oviedo).
Contact us for more information.