26th Ham Cutting Contest/Dehesa de Extremadura
Schedule: L - 11:00 TO 14:15
Stand number: 6A26
Since the first edition in 1994, six contestants have competed for an hour and a half, demonstrating their skill and dexterity faced a jury of professionals that assess factors such as the thickness and size of the slice, the straightness of the cut and presentation on the plate, skill and speed. Whoever demonstrates their perfection in these skills is proclaimed the “Best Ham Cutter in Spain/Dehesa de Extremadura”.
This year, during the 33th Salón Gourmets, the 26th edition of the contest has been held.
Winners have been:
First place: Cristo Muñoz Montes, Cafetería Paradise, Sevilla
Second place: Juan Antonio Barbero Peral, Salesman and cutter, Cáceres.
Third place: Juan Carlos Garrido, Dos Hermanas, Sevilla.
As a novelty, a prize has been awarded to the Best Creative / Artistic Dish to: Josue Acosta Quintanilla, MásQMenos, Madrid.
This year the judges have been:
- Elena Dieguez, vice president of Dehesa de Extremadura.
- Elena Arzak, Chef Restaurante Arzak.
- Sara Cucala, journalist Libreria A punto.
- Juan Francisco Hernandez, ham cutter Cielo de Urrechu.
- Gonzalo Miró, radio and television collaborator.
- Alberto Luchini, Jourmalist Newspaper El Mundo