1st National Cisoria Art Championship Norteños/Gourmets Group
Schedule: L - 11:00 a 14:00
Stand number: 10J60
It has been the first time that a championship in the art of carving has been held at the Salón Gourmets. Winners have been:
First place: José Luque, Hotel Palace.
Second place: Ignacio García Camelada.
Third place: José Luis Sánchez, from La Senda de Omaña Restaurant.
The contest has been divided in two phases. In the first phase, the expert contestants have cut out a beef tenderloin provided by Grupo Norteños. The jury has scored the cutting technique, skill, dexterity and speed of the work. In the second round, the contestants have prepared a steak tartar where originality, flavor and presentation have been the most valued aspects.
A correct cut of beef is an art only available to a select few. It requires knowledge of anatomy and gastronomy that exploits the full potential of the cuts.
- Andrés Sánchez Magro, commentator and food critic.
- Jose Gordon, El Capricho Restaurant, León.
- Pedro Larumbe, Restaurante Pedro Larumbe Restaurant.
- Astrid Sveinsdottir Matute, Owner Import Export of meat
- Mario López, Manager of Fagor.
The members of the jury were: