33th Gourmets Wine Guide Awards
In order to recognise the work of professionals within the Spanish wine sector, the users of the ‘Guía de Vinos Gourmets, Los Mejores de España’ (‘Gourmets Wine Guide: The Best in Spain’) are entrusted with choosing the leading representatives of the sector, encompassing wines, institutions, vineyards and individuals.
At Salón de Gourmets we seek to recognise and reward excellence, good endeavour and innovative ideas that are capable of revolutionising the sector.
In these awards, the team at the Gourmets Wine Guide merely receives the votes and guarantees the counting of same, since it is the readers of the printed version or mobile application of the Guide that are responsible for choosing the winners.
The winners of the 33 Gourmet Wine Guide Awards 2018 are:
- Winery of the year: Bodegas Barbadillo. For its constant innovation in the sector and in the areas where it is present.
- Best young white: Do Ferreiro. Bodegas Gerardo Méndez. DO Rías Baixas
- Best white with aging: Viña Tondonia Reserva. R. López de Heredia. DOCa Rioja
- Best rosé: Bàrbara Forés Rosat. Celler Bàrbara Forés. DO Terra Alta.
- Best young red: Luberri Maceración Carbónica. Luberri Monje Amestoy. DOCa Rioja
- Best red with aging: Tomás Postigo 5th Year. Tomás Postigo. DO Ribera del Duero
- Best sparkling: Masía Segle XV Millésime. Brut Nature Gran Reserva. Cavas Rovellats.DO Cava
- Best generous: Apóstoles Palo Cortado. González Byass Jerez. DO Jerez-Xérès-Sherry
- Best specialized shop: Vila Viniteca. Barcelona.
- Special prize: Marcos Eguren.
All their wines have singularities that make them special.
More information here