Usoa de Bagordi - Reserva 2008 DOCa Rioja Bio
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: USOA DE BAGORDI
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Grape Varieties: 70% Tempranillo, 30% Graciano
Ageing: 18 months barrel, 24 months bottle
- Silver Medal – Biofach (Germany) 2009
- Bronze Medal – La Seleccion “Al Punto Wein Guide”(Germany) 2007
- Gold Medal – Biofach (Germany) 2005
- 91 Parker Points
The grapes from our oldest and least productive organic vines are selected to get the best of each. Our production process uses the latest technology. By monitoring the fermentation, we have preserved the floral aroma of the grapes. The maceration of the must with the skins is prolonged in order to allow the structure and complexity to develop. The wine is left in French oak barrels for 18 months as part of the crianza process, followed by at least a further two years repose in bottle before it is ready for sale.
- Visual: Dark cherry red colour with glimmers of ruby. Stable, clean and bright with an ample tear.
- Nasal: An exceptionally expressive wine with a complex aroma: suggestions of red fruit and dark compote on the nose along with strains of musk and toast ending up with bitter cocoa
- Taste: Full and flavoursome texture. Suggestions of dark skinned stone fruit, slightly sharp tannin implying freshness. Spicy chocolate with a prolonged afatertaste.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...