Usoa de Bagordi - Gran Reserva 2008 DOCa Rioja Bio
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: USOA DE BAGORDI
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Grape Varieties: 60% Tempranillo, 40% Graciano
Ageing: Ageing: 24 months barrel, 36 months bottle
- Silver Medal – Mundus Vini (Germany) 2018
- Bronze Medal – London International Wine Challenge (Great Britain) 2008
- Diploma – Biofach (Germany) 2008
- Bacchus de Oro – VII Concurso Internacional Bacchus (Spain) 2008
- 92 Parker points
Production: A wine such as this is the outcome of much deliberation beginning with the choice of vines. The production and the crianza process of 24 months spent in barrels of French oak followed by a period of at least 36 months bottle age gives this wine the rounded, velvety and elegant character of a classic Rioja
- Visual: Medium bodied cherry red colour, clear and bright with an ample and lightly coloured tear
- Nasal: Powerful and multi-layered aroma suggestive of ripe red fruit, freshly roasted nuts, cocoa, vanilla accompanied by the subtle flavour of balsamics and spices.
- Taste: Well-structured and rounded, sweet tannins, elements of fruitiness notwithstanding its age all beautifully accompanied by the characteristic flavour of fine French oak together with other roasted flavours and of chocolate.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...