Navardia Reserva 2007/8 DOCa Rioja Bio
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: NAVARDIA
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Varieties: 60% Tempranillo, 25% Graciano, 15% Garnacha
Vintage: 2007, 2008
Ageing: 18 months in French oak barrels
From our least productive ecological vines we select the best grapes of each variety. We use the most Avant guard technology, and controlled fermentation at suitable temperature takes place in order to preserve the fruity and aromatic qualities of the grapes. Maceration with the skins is longer in order to get more structure and complexity in these wines. Lengthy aging for 18 months in French oak barrels and later laying in our bottle hall for over 2 years, end up this process prior placing in the market.
- VISUAL: Quite covered cherry red colour, with ruby sparkling, hardly any evolution. Clean and shine, plenty of tears.
- NASAL: Very expressive and aromatic complexity, wild berries compote in nose, with musky notes and toasted background. Bitter cocoa ending.
- TASTE: Fleshy and tasty in the mouth, red and black stone fruits, with a slightly bitter tannin which indicates freshness. Spicy dark chocolate ending with a lengthy aftertaste.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...