Bagordi Gran Reserva DOCa Rioja
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: BAGORDI
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Varieties: 60% Tempranillo y 40% Graciano
Vintage: 2005, 2007, 2008
Ageing: 24 months oak barrels, 36 months bottle rack
- Golden Bacchus – Bacchus 2013
- Silver Medal – Mondial Challenge Brussel 2015
- Bronze Bacchus – Bacchus 201290 Parker Points
A wine like this is the outcome of much thought and planning beginning by selecting the best vineyards followed by the production and crianza process of keeping the wine for 24 months in French oak barrels followed by at least 36 months in bottle. The result is a classical Rioja wine that is both well-rounded and elegant.
- Visual: Medium bodied, cherry red, wine, bright and clean with an intense, lightly coloured tear.
- Nasal: Very full and varied flavour, suggestions of ripe red fruit, of recently tasted nuts, cocoa, fine vanilla and accompanied by gentle hints of balsamic and spices.
- Taste: Shows up as being well rounded and structured. Sweet tannins, lingering presence of fruit notwithstanding its age. All of which blends well with the refined notes of French oak, roasted coffee and chocolate, etc.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...