Bagordi Garnacha Reserva DOCa Rioja
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: BAGORDI
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Varieties: 100% Garnacha
Vintage: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002
Ageing: 14 months oak barrel, 24 months bottle rack
- MSilver Medal – Concours Internacional Grenaches du Monde 2013
- Silver Medal – London International Wine Challenge (Great Britain) 2002
- Silver Medal – Concours Mondial Bruxelles (Belgium) 2002
- Silver Medal – London International Wine Challenge (Great Britain) 2001
- Silver Medal – Mundusvini Gran Premio Internacional del vino (Germany) 2001
This type of grape is ideally suited to the climatic conditions and poor soil of our region. The vines have become seriously twisted of their 50 years of life due their age and the effect of the weather. Nevertheless, they provide grapes of excellent quality. The harvest is conducted manually by gather the grapes in small boxes so that each bunch arrives at the winery in good condition. Every step is undertaken with great care. Fourteen months ageing in casks made from French and American oak followed by a period of at least twenty-four months were necessary in order to obtain this fine wine, full of nuances and waiting the most discerning palates.
- Visual: medium bodied deep, cherry red, wine that clear and bright.
- Nasal: Aroma deep, elegant, aroma of ripe red fruit against a background of spices, cloves and black pepper. The gentle hint of wood works harmonises welly with the expressiveness of the Garnacha grape.
- Taste: well-structured and rounded. The soft tannins ensure a certain unctuousness in the wine. The aftertaste offers hints of mineral and fruit, which are also present in the nose.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...