Bagordi Garnacha Gran Reserva 2001
- Exhibitor: BODEGAS BAGORDI-ORGANIC VITICULTURE
- Brand name: BAGORDI
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON D.O. CRIANZA
Variety: 100% Garnacha
Ageing: 24 months French oak barrels, 36 months bottle rack
- 91 Parker Points
Here is a wine that is a testament to the fruitfulness of the land, the complicity of the climate all accompanied by human endeavour. Our 50-year-old vines transmit these aspects through small bunches of grapes which are then developed further in a careful production process, the 24 months spent in French oak barrels followed by at least 36 months laid down in bottle until the wine is fit to be considered a Gran Reserva. It goes without saying that age and repose are what allow the nuances to develop as this fine wine matures.
- Visual: Deep cherry red colour with suggestions of violet round the edge. Bright and clean with a beautiful tear.
- Nasal: Wonderfully elegant aroma that also suggests ripe red fruit, quince jelly, figs, almond liqueur. The subtle presence of wood is beautifully balanced with the natural expressiveness of the Garnacha.
- Taste: Finely structured wine with an appropriate level of acidity that retains its fruitiness while also allowing the gentle flavour of wood to seep through. The passage of time ensures that this wine is well rounded such that it becomes a most welcome table guest.
ECO first quality wines from DOCa Rioja (Rioja del Reyno sub-denomination) - family company that produces & bottles 100% of its wines on the property.
We cultivate and take care of 65 hectares of our own, which allows us to harvest the grapes at their optimum ripeness and control the entire complex and wonderful winemaking process.
Certified organic viticulture is one of our top priorities. We present a wide range of wines ... whites, rosés & reds of coupage and monovarietals, with more than 28 types in our catalogue. Very different wines, original and with an excellent quality-price ratio. Our USOA DE BAGORDI GRAN RESERVA 08 - 60% tempranillo 40% graciano - is the only ecological Gran Reserva of the denomination.
Latest awards at MillésimeBio Awards, Mundus Vini, Parker90 + ...