Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2014
- Exhibitor: ABADÍA RETUERTA
- Brand name: Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON CRIANZA
Selección Especial is our best-known wine worldwide. Produced from a selection of the best grapes from each of our vineyards, it combines the richness of a Tempranillo and the elegance of a Cabernet Sauvignon with the strength of a Syrah.
This is a very well-balanced wine, harmonious, with a rich bouquet and incredible expressiveness. Worthy fruit of the vine and of a job well done.
In 2005, Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2001 received the award at the International Wine Challenge in London as the world's Best Red Wine. As well, Abadía Retuerta Selección Especial 2010, 2011 and 2012 were ranked among Wine Spectator´s Top 100 World Wine List.
- Ageing: 11 Months in French and American oak barrels
- Apellation: Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León - Sardón de Duero
- Grape Varieties: 70% Tempranillo, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah and other red varieties such as Merlot and Petit Verdot
- Alcoholic degree: 14,5% Vol.
- Analytical Data: Total acidity: 5,4 g/l pH: 3,74
- Tasting notes: intense dark garnet color, vivid and bright. The nose shows a great aromatic complexity, cherry liqueur notes with subtle nuances of dark chocolate together with a background of red fruit and berries like blackberries. The palate is warm and delicate, silky tannins overflow its refinement and roundness. Its balanced acidity and surprising freshness are well integrated into a subtle and long finish making this Selección Especial 2013 a wine of a sharp elegance.