Abadía Retuerta Pago Garduña 2015
- Exhibitor: ABADÍA RETUERTA
- Brand name: Abadía Retuerta Pago Garduña
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON CRIANZA
This single vineyard wine was produced exclusively with Syrah grapes. The vines are planted in bright, white limestone soil in the middle of pine trees that protect the vineyard from strong winds. The grapes produced here reach perfect ripeness levels.
Smooth and elegant on the palate, this wine is amazingly expressive as well as powerful and very well balanced, followed by a lingering finish. Pago Garduña has won several awards and gold medals in international wine challenges like the 94 points in Wine Spectator magazine. A wine burdened of pleasing surprises.
- Ageing: 17 months in French oak barrels
- Apellation: Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León - Sardón de Duero
- Grape Variety: 100% Syrah
- Alcoholic degree: 14,5% Vol.
- Analytical data: Total Acidity: 5,45 g/l pH: 3,83
- Tasting notes: deep intensity, as befits a warm vintage. Profound and persistent red fruit aromas anddairy, buttery nuances. The variety’s silky tannins come through immediately and areperfectly balanced with the wine’s acidity and spicy notes (clove and pepper). Subtle,harmonious, long and velvety with a firm, intense finish. Stylish wine with refined ripeness
- Important fact: only 20 barrels.