Awards Ceremony 25th Ham Cutting Contest / Dehesa de Extremadura
Since the first edition of the competition back in 1994, six participants have competed for an hour and a half, demonstrating their ability and skills to a Jury of Professionals, who assess aspects such as speed, clean cut, presentation of the dish, style and beneficial use of a sample of 100 grams of ham. The purpose is to select the winner of the “Ham Cutting Contest / Dehesa de Extremadura”.
The last edition, which took place on 24th April 2017, featured a Jury consisting of:
- Elena Diéguez Garbayo, Vice-President of the Dehesa de Extremadura Regulatory Board and Jury Chairwoman.
- Elena Arzak, Chef at Arzak Restaurant.
- Nicasio Durán, Member of Cofradía Extremeña de Gastronomía.
- Rosa Rivas, Journalist at El País.
- Juan Fco Hernández Caraballo, El Jamonista of Urrechu Restaurant.
- Sara Cucala, Journalist at TVE and owner of ‘A Punto’ Bookshop.