7th Club de Gourmets Magazine Awards
Club de Gourmets, veteran publication on the world of Spanish cuisine has once again asked its readers to choose the most significant professionals, establishments and media of the year, amongst other categories.
Since 1976, the almost 500 issues of this publication have focused on the most prestigious chefs, from both the national and international scene, not to mention well-known restaurants, vintners and sommeliers.
The readers of the magazine dean of Spanish gastronomy have been responsible for choosing the winners of the 7th edition of the Club de Gourmets Awards 2018, and these have been:
- Best restaurant: A Poniente, El Puerto de Santa María (Cádiz)
- Best Chef: Íñigo Pérez, Urrechu Restaurant (Madrid)
- Best Maître: Óscar Quintana Lourido, Culler de Pau (O Grove, Pontevedra)
- Best Sommelier: (Ex Aequo) Mónica Fernández, 19 and 99 Sushi Bar, (Abu Dhabi, Barcelona, ??Madrid) and María José Jurado, Taberna La Catapa (Madrid)
- Best shop: Santa Cecilia (Madrid)
- Best product: Conservas Frinsa (Ribeira, La Coruña)
- Best hotel: Only You (Madrid)
- Best means of communication: El Comidista (Mikel López Iturriaga)
- Best organization or institution: Marca España
- Best book: Los Nuevos Viñadores (Luis Gutiérrez, Planeta Gastro)
- Extraordinary recognition: José Andrés
More information here