5 Spain Coffee Festival
The Salon de Gourmets presents a novelty in its 32nd edition, the 5 Spain Coffee Festival / Gourmets 2018, the largest coffee show in Spain, where the best companies will showcase their products and publicize the latest trends around coffee.
Grupo Gourmets, together with SCA Spain (Specially Coffee Association Spain) will organize, within the framework of the 32 Salon de Gourmets, the Spanish championships, whose winners will represent us in the world championships organized by World Coffee Events.
The area of the championships will be surrounded by a large exhibition area related to the world of coffee, its equipment and other accessories, which will be shown to the public during the four days of the Salon de Gourmets.
The 6 contests that will take place from May 7 to 10 are:
- SCA Spain Barista Championship, focuses on promoting excellence in coffee, advancing the barista profession.
- SCA Spain Latte Art Championship, highlights artistic expression in a competition platform that challenges the barista in an on-demand performance.
- SCA Spain Brewers Cup, highlights the craft of filter coffee brewing by hand.
- SCA Spain Coffee in Good Spirits Championship, promotes innovative beverage recipes that showcase coffee and spirits in a competition format.
- SCA Spain Cup Tasters Championship, awards the professional coffee cupper who demonstrates speed, skill, and accuracy in distinguishing the taste differences in specialty coffees.
- SCA Spain Roasting Championship, competitors are evaluated on their performance of coffee grading, developing a roasting profile that best accentuates the desirable characteristics of that coffee, and on the ultimate cup quality of coffees roasted.
The champions of each modality will be those that represent Spain in the World Championships organized by World Coffee Events, which finals will be held in Amsterdam, Brazil and Dubai.