Abadía Retuerta Petit Verdot 2014
- Exhibitor: ABADÍA RETUERTA
- Brand name: Petit Verdot
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON CRIANZA
The Petit Verdot – the most exotic of the Bordeaux grape vines – is the basis of this original wine. Normally used in small proportions to provide nerve to other varieties, Abadía Retuerta has taken advantage of the full potential of this grape to create a single-variety wine thatis both unique and very original.
The scorching sun of Castile, a particular terroir with predominantly sandy soil, and 19 months of ageing in oak barrels bestow anexquisite character on this wine. It has a very limited and select production. An indulgence for sybarites.
- Ageing: 16 months in French new oak
- Apellation: Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León - Sardón de Duero
- Grape variety: 100% Petit Verdot
- Alcoholic degree: 14% Vol
- Analytical data: Total acidity: 5,9 g/l pH: 3,81
- Tasting notes: attract and intense black cherry colour in the glass. Very intense on the nose withnotes of ripe fruit: glacé cherries in liqueur, red pepper seasoning, rose petals A winewith a long, seemingly endless finish; a refined, almost perfect Petit Verdot.The main feature of this vintage is the large number of racemes per plant.
- Important fact: only 12 barrels available.