Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada 2014
- Exhibitor: ABADÍA RETUERTA
- Brand name: Abadía Retuerta Pago Negralada
- Sector: VINO TINTO CON CRIANZA
In our single vineyard wines we seek to bring out above all the true character of the terroir. Pago Negralada comes from a plot of Tempranillo, the noblest Spanish grape variety. The vines are planted in deep gravel soils intermixed with sand at the surface, and produce wines with a distinctive firm, tannic character.
This wine obtained several international awardsand recognitions in the most prestigious wine tasting events. With its great ageing potential, this is a wine for the long haul, a wine with its roots firmly in the past and its sights set on future triumphs.
- Ageing: 18 months in French oak barrels
- Apellation: Vino de la Tierra de Castilla y León - Sardón de Duero
- Grape Variety: 100% Tempranillo
- Alcoholic degree: 14,5 % Vol.
- Analytical data: Total acidity: 5,5 g/l pH: 3,64
- Tasting notes: it comes from a Tempranillo vineyard situated on the banks of the Duero River, with quite a lot of clay mixed with pebbles and sand.Very intense, fresh nose, aromas of wild black fruit with subtle creamy notes. Vibrant attack invades then the palate with delicacy, leading to an ample wine, solid, meaty and oily with unusual refined tannins for a Tempranillo. Very long finish well marked with the character of the varietal.
- Important facts:
Probably our best ever Pago Negralada.
Only 30 barrels available.