24th Ham Cutting Contest / Dehesa de Extremadura
Since the first edition of the competition back in 1994, six participants have competed for an hour and a half, demonstrating their ability and skills to a Jury of Professionals, who assess aspects such as speed, clean cut, presentation of the dish, style and beneficial use of a sample of 100 grams of ham. The purpose is to select the winner of the “Ham Cutting Contest / Dehesa de Extremadura”.
The last edition, which took place on 4th April 2016, featured a Jury consisting of:
- Elena Diéguez Garbayo, Vice-President of the Dehesa de Extremadura Regulatory Board and Jury Chairwoman.
- Elena Arzak, Chef at Arzak Restaurant.
- Nicasio Durán, Member of Cofradía Extremeña de Gastronomía.
- Rosa Rivas, Journalist at El País.
- Juan Fco Hernández Caraballo, El Jamonista of Urrechu Restaurant.
- Sara Cucala, Journalist at TVE and owner of ‘A Punto’ Bookshop.
The winner and Best Ham-Cutter in Spain 2016 was Gabriel Heredia from Madrid (Extrem Puro Ibiza) “I’m very excited, because Dehesa de Extremadura is a highly demanding certified origin brand (D.O.) and this gives the title considerable prestige,” he declared when Ms. Isabel García Tejerina, the Minister for Agriculture, Foodstuffs and the Environment, handed him the award.
The two runners-up were José Antonio Martínez (El Pozo alimentación, Librilla, Murcia) and José Manuel Iniesta Díaz–Pavón (Distribuidores Selectos Gourmet Ibérica, Madrid). The first prize consisted of a cash amount of €1,000, a trophy and a diploma; the two runners-up received €500 and diplomas.
- Address: C/ Aniceto Marinas, 92
- Town: Madrid
- Postcode: 28008
- County: Madrid
- Region: COMUNIDAD DE MADRID
- Country: España
- Phone number: +34 915 489 651
- Fax: +34 915 487 133
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.gourmets.net
- Facebook: SalondeGourmets?sk=wall
- Twitter: SalondeGourmets
- Pavilion: 8
- Stand: 8A50
- Sector: FOOD , BEVERAGES , PUBLISHING HOUSES , OTHERS , RELATED SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT